Eating disorders can very common. The most common eating disorders are bulimia, anorexia and binge eating. They can affect anyone. It is something that should be taken seriously. It can have negative impact on the life of an individual who suffers from it and also it might lead to long-term health problems like heart problems, poor blood circulations, liver and kidney problems, certain types of cancer, problems in pregnancy etc. In many cases, people develop these disorders because they feel frustrated because of their awful job or they have a money problem or some marriage issues etc. There are different therapy approaches for different eating disorders. One of the most effective and fastest ways to overcome eating disorder is hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy can help you in several ways, depending upon your particular eating disorder and individual circumstances. In the sessions, you will be directed through specific hypnotherapy eating disorders relaxation techniques. In the state of hypnosis, the therapist will suggest on how you can modify your behavior and attitude. You may also be given a CD of exercises for relaxation to use at home. It is used to identify the root cause of the problem so that the emotional aspect can be dealt with. Hypnotherapy usually involves 4 to 10 sessions. The number of sessions usually differs from person to person. Hypnotherapy and eating disorders treatment has a high success rate, and is useful in many ways:
- It will turn the negative behavior into positive eating habits and attitudes.
- It addresses your subconscious mind
- It helps in regaining control that has been lost or sacrificed.
- It helps you establish a connection between your mind and your body’s natural rhythms
- It will assist you in improving your self-image, confidence and self-esteem.
- It helps you to follow better nutrition
- Hypnotherapy for eating disorders is a permanent treatment
- It helps you escape the urge to overeat
- It does not involve any type of medication
- It helps you feel ‘normal’ again
For optimum results, one should follow the hypnotherapy sessions with great honesty so that they may be able to view themselves differently.