- Treatment of Anxiety
- Homeopathic Treatment of Anxiety
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Anxiety
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Anxiety
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Anxiety
- Surgical Treatment of Anxiety
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Anxiety
- Other Treatment of Anxiety
- What is Anxiety
- Symptoms of Anxiety
- Causes of Anxiety
- Risk factors of Anxiety
- Complications of Anxiety
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Anxiety
- Precautions & Prevention of Anxiety
Treatment of Anxiety
Homeopathic Treatment of Anxiety
Homeopathy offers safe and natural anti anxiety treatment. Homeopathy has been found to be as effective as prescribed drugs in the treatment of anxiety. Using homeopathy for anxiety treatment helps the body, mind, and soul learn how to heal the complex problems that lead to anxiety, without invasive drugs. Following are some medicines for the treatment of anxiety.
- Arsenicum alb
- Calcarea C
- Kali P
- Natrum M
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Anxiety
Acupuncture is an effective therapy for the treatment of anxiety disorders. It provides support to the underlying energetic spheres affected by your anxiety, helping to resolve the cause or effects of your stress. The acupuncture treatment, however, needs to be very specific and will usually concentrate on treating the root cause of emotional or mental imbalance that is causing the anxiety. Acupuncture releases tension in the muscles. This allows increased flow of blood, lymph, and nerve impulses to affected areas, decreasing the stress experienced by you.
Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Anxiety
Psychotherapy, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, has proven effective in treating anxiety disorders. In cognitive-behavioral therapy, the therapist often educates the person about the nature of his or her particular anxiety disorder. Then, the therapist may help the person challenge irrational thoughts that lead to anxiety. Hypnotherapy works on subconscious mind and removes anxiety causing factors. It can help in retraining mind to become calm and stable.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Anxiety
Allopathic treatment for Anxiety used to involve cognitive/behavioral therapy – let’s sit on the couch and talk. Increasingly in these days of HMOs, standard allopathic treatment comes from the prescription pad – antidepressants, anticonvulsants, anxiolytics (anti-anxiety agents), stimulants, and other psychotropic (mind-changing) pharmaceuticals.
Surgical Treatment of Anxiety
For severe cases of Anxiety such as obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), psychosurgery may be considered as an alternative treatment. In OCD there is an increase in activity in a neuronal circuit running from the frontal cortex to the cingulate gyrus, striatum, globus pallidus, thalamus and back to the frontal cortex. Surgical interruption of this loop by cingulotomy at the anterior cingulate cortex disrupts transmission from the frontal cortex and reduces the symptoms of OCD.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Anxiety
- Take diet rich in Vitamins and minerals.
- Intake of Fruits and vegetables such as tomato, cauliflower, spinach
- Eliminate protein like nuts, meats and dairy products
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid alcohol
Other Treatment of Anxiety
Yoga is the powerful tools in the reduction and Precautions & Prevention of excess states of anxiety. The benefits of a regular yoga practice are known to include the reduction of stress, tension, anxiety and frustration.
What is Anxiety
Anxiety is a general term for several disorders that cause nervousness, fear, apprehension, and worrying. Anxiety affects our whole being. These disorders affect how we feel and behave, and they can manifest real physical symptoms. Anxiety is considered a problem when symptoms interfere with a person’s ability to sleep or otherwise function. Generally speaking, anxiety occurs when a reaction is out of proportion with what might be normally expected in a situation. Mild anxiety is vague and unsettling, while severe anxiety can be extremely debilitating, having a serious impact on daily life.
Symptoms of Anxiety
- Weakness in arms & tingling in the hands or feet
- Sweating, Shaking or shivering
- Headaches, Sore eyes
- Skin losing color and Skin rashes
- Indigestion, heartburn, constipation and diarrhea
- Symptoms like ‘flu’ and urinary tract infection
- Pain in the Chest, face or jaw
- Increased sensitivity to light, sound, touch, and smell
- Dramatic increase in sexual feelings
- Lump in throat & Difficulty swallowing
Causes of Anxiety
- Stressful events, such as abuse, the death of a loved one, divorce, changing jobs or schools, may lead to anxiety.
- Use of Alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine.
- Family history or Genetics
- Abnormal levels of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.
Risk factors of Anxiety
- Medical problems such as thyroid, adrenal, migraines, obstructive sleep apnea, chronic fatigue syndrome, and premenstrual syndrome
- Quiet children and those likely to be the target of bullies are at higher risk for developing anxiety disorders later in life.
- Women have twice the risk for most anxiety disorders as men.
- Excess of highly acidic foods-tomatoes, eggplants, peppers
- Nutritional deficiencies of B vitamins and magnesium
- Excessive intake of sugar and chocolate
- Physical, sexual, or emotional abuse
Complications of Anxiety
Anxiety may cause both physical and mental complications. Some of the complications may include:
- Substance abuse
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Digestive or bowel problems
- Teeth grinding
Diagnosis of Anxiety
The first step is the evaluation by the doctor. It involves asking questions about your symptoms, medical history, and performing a physical exam. Although there are no laboratory tests to specifically diagnose mental illness, the doctor may use various tests to make sure something else isn’t causing the symptoms. If no other illness is found, you may be referred to a psychiatrist or psychologist, mental health professionals who are specially trained to diagnose and treat mental illnesses.
Precautions & Prevention of Anxiety
- Healthy eating habits
- Relaxation exercises including deep breathing.
- Changing irrational ideas and beliefs.
- Avoiding the use of caffeine, illicit drugs,
- Do not smoke
- Meditation and Visualization.
For Treatment of Anxiety in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR or Online Treatment of Anxiety Contact Us or Fill Up Form